Saturday, January 28, 2012

Puke

Yesterday when I picked Brynn up from school her teachers told me she had been complaining of a tummy ache almost all day...before and after nap...and had barely eaten anything. They also told me she hadn't gone poop all day too. She hadn't had her "spunk" like normal and they could tell she just didn't feel well. I scooped her up...usually she doesn't want to leave and we headed to the car. All the way home she kept going in bouts of screaming and crying and she did not want me to talk to her. When we were about 1/2 mile from home (right at the light to turn onto our road) she let it all out...I handed her another blanket that was in the front seat to help catch some of the liquidy mess....since we were literally almost home, I kept driving with my hand back helping her keep the blankets on her lap. In my head I was thinking "oh great the stomach flu" (this was the first time she had been inflicted with...thank my lucky stars because I DO NOT DO THROW-UP.) I got her out of the car, got her all changed (thought about bathing her but figured if she was going to continue throwing up, what was the point...so I opted for a wipe down with a washcloth...really the majority of it got on her blankets, teddy and clothes. I got her all set up on the couch with a bowl, water and cartoons. I started a load of wash, attempted to get the carseat out of the car (I couldn't do it so Jer had to do it when he got home) within about 15 minutes Brynn wanted cereal...do I or do I not allow her to eat? I opted for letting her...she ate a bowl of cereal and a banana and wanted seconds but I told her no. Within about an hour she pooped and then pretty much acted like herself the rest of the evening. She even ate a piece of hawaiian pizza later on in the evening. She never got a fever either...so I think it was an upset tummy and then a little bit of carsickness...She seems to be fine today. So I can only hope that is what it was and Jer and I don't come down with it within the next few days.

2 comments:

Kristina "Tina" said...

You are all belly what are you talking about. So cute. I loved being prego!!!

Kristina "Tina" said...

I think I left the comment on the wrong post....OOPS! It's meant for your progress in baby II!!!