Sunday, January 1, 2012

Taking xmas tree down

So yesterday, being the last day of 2011, we undecorated our house from Christmas. Since we don't have a place to dispose of the tree at our place, we called the local boy scout group to come and pick it up (they sent flyers earlier on in December). We scheduled for a Sunday pick-up because we weren't sure how motivated we would be on Saturday and when it would get done. So as of yesterday we had a "naked" tree sitting in the tree stand in our living room.

Since it was New Year's eve, Brynn spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house (Jer and I went to a New Year's Eve party at Laura and Danny's). This morning Jerret and I hauled it downstairs so the scouts could pick it up. When we got home this afternoon (from being at Dave and Sherry's for a late xmas celebration), Jerret was anticipating Brynn's reaction to the tree being gone. Jer thought her response would be something like "what the heck? Where did the tree go?" (What the heck...is her new phrase...I am not sure where she picked it up). Well she was napping when we got home and continued to nap for a little over an hour longer. When she woke up and realized the tree was gone she started crying. She said "where'd my tree go? I want my tree back." This wasn't a little cry either...it was a full on balling fit. After about 5-10 minutes she stopped and then I took her in to go potty. As she was sitting on the toilet she started whining and small tears started to form again. "I want my tree back in my house." It broke my heart to see how upset she was. I asked Jerret what to do and he suggested try explaining it to her...so I did...it didn't help.

We haven't rearranged the furniture yet, so as of now we have a huge open area that is empty...we tried to play it off as there was more room to play now...this seems to be working for now. As I sit and look this is what I see....


The tree was over to the left...even if the tree was still up you wouldn't be able to see it. I can only imagine what the room will look like before she goes to bed tonight...

P.S. one might ask....how many chairs does one , 2 year old need?!?! I wonder the same thing sometimes.

No comments: